T40170, the sky is the limit
- 4 elements boom
- Proportional multifunction joystick
- Hydrostatic transmission – power, precision and smooth engagement
- Roomy cab
- AMA (Aggravating Movements Arrestor system)
The T40170 is a 17,43 m compact telescopic handler in the 4 T lifting class. This is the ideal model for lifting both materials as well as people via the man platform on any kind of job site.
The T40170 is equipped with the advanced boom that incorporates the latest state-of-the-art construction techniques. Simple and modern in design, this light but strong boom has a built-in counter-bow to ensure straightness when extended under full load. A large contact surface between the supporting pads and the boom segments provides a smooth telescoping action and reduced pad wear. Easy to maintain, this boom also incorporates a compensator cylinder to enable self-levelling of the fork carriage. A 4-function joystick provides proportional control of any combination of movements. The telescoping action of the boom sections is thus smooth, without loss of hydraulic power.
Don’t just look at the rated capacity and maximum lifting height. Have a close look at the load chart to choose the best lifting equipment (560 kg at 13,67 m reach and 17,43 m lifting height when machine is used with or without stabilizers).
The T40170 has a heavy-duty industrial hydrostatic transmission that offers 4-wheel drive, high wheel torque, dynamic braking, two speed ranges, shift on the fly, two operator preference modes along with inching capabilities.
The two stabilizers move independently for precise positioning. The stabilizers are fully adjustable.
On inclined surfaces, the levelling system can be used to level the telehandler for safe, optimum positioning of the load.
The sideways movement offers a lateral shift up to 85 cm at maximum height. Self-levelling and side shift are possible simultaneously on both wheels and stabilizers, without loss of load capacity.
For optimal components protection, the crowding cylinder and the hydraulic hoses are housed in the nose of the boom while the reinforced underside provides protection for the engine and other vital components over rough terrain. The engine is housed in a cradle that isolates it from dust.
Comfort and safety are key features. The side-mounted engine allows better visibility, low machine profile and convenient serviceability. The Aggravating Movements Arrestor (AMA) provides longitudinal and lateral stability control.
This model offers three steering modes for ease of handling: all-wheel steer for on-site handling, crab-steer for positioning loads from side-to-side in restricted areas and front-wheel steer for travel on roads.
Get even more with the tow device, electric auxiliary, stabilizer locking system, air prefilter, matriculation plate, rotating beacon, back-up alarm, protective grill for windshield, roof glace wiper, second auxiliary hydraulic line on boom, air conditioning, wheel wedge, transmission unlocking device, working light on boom, fan inverter, man platform installation, multifunction remote control, cap fuel locking, boom stop, loudspeakers predisposal, option double speed fan motor, cold water starting, zinc painting, other color, pneumatic seat, carriage narrow and hydraulic locking of attachments available as factory option.
Looking for more information about the T40170? Get in touch with your local Bobcat dealer. Quickly find the closest Bobcat dealer thanks to our dealer locator.
Delivering best-in-class lifting capacity at maximum reach, Bobcat Telescopic Handlers perform any task with ease and safety.
The cab is designed to provide a maximum of space with easy to use controls, so the operator is able to work all day long in a comfortable environment that promotes productivity. The cab design incorporates advanced technology that meets every requirement in terms of ergonomics, comfort and safety.
Bobcat telescopic handlers offer excellent visibility, which is especially beneficial when operating in the following situations:
• forwards for picking up equipment
• upwards for positioning at maximum height
• all-round for manoeuvring
• backwards for safety
The cabin Bobcat telescopic handlers rests on 3”Silentbloc” shock absorbers and is fitted to the chassis via the patented “Zebullon” suspension system, which absorbs impact energy when operating the telescopic handler.
• air conditioning
• windscreen protection grid
• roof window wiper
• Single loader-style hydraulic joystick for boom and bucket functions
• Boom extension and auxiliary functions activated by variable control thumb wheels on joystick
• Single shuttle lever for forward, reverse, high and low speeds
• Tilt and telescoping steering wheel column
All Bobcat telescopic handlers have a simple-to-use, industrial hydrostatic transmission to optimize your productivity.
• Power: The hydrostatic transmission provides a 95% performance efficiency. This means: power coupled with low fuel consumption
• Precision: The hydrostatic transmission makes it possible to place the load to the exact mm. As well as precision, this is also a vital factor for safety, particularly when loads have to be positioned at significant heights or distances from the machine
• Smoothness: The transmission adapts automatically. The transition from work mode to road and back is both flexible and smooth and there is no need to stop during this process, a real time saver. Finally, the hydrostatic transmission offers dynamic braking, which is both smooth and safe and does not cause undue wear
3 Steering Modes for Ease of Handling
1. All-wheel steer for on-site handling
2. Crab-steer for positioning loads from side-to-side in restricted areas
3. Front-wheel steer for travel on roads
Aggravating Movements Arrestor (AMA)
All Bobcat telescopic handlers feature the AMA, which prevents dangerous machine movements during operation. It is perfectly complemented by the longitudinal stability indicator (LSI), which clearly displays the machine’s longitudinal stability.
Reliable and robust: built to last
The ‘full protection’ concept ensures maximum durability through:
• Tilt cylinders and hydraulic hoses protected inside the boom
• Reinforced underside to protect the engine and other vital components when travelling over rough terrain
The “Advanced boom” arms offers the following features
• Arm design in high resistant steel significantly reduces its weight and improves performance.
The use of the patented cassette concept facilitates arm maintenance: all the arm’s electric cables and hoses are grouped together in a cassette which is easily removed.
All the hydraulic lines and telescoping cylinder are integrated in the arm, thus avoiding any damage should an object be dropped on the arm.
Don’t just look at the rated capacity and maximum lift height. Study the load chart for the range of applications covered. In particular, look for the following:
• the capacity at maximum height
• the forward reach at maximum height
• the maximum forward reach
• the capacity at maximum forward reach
Customers have specific loading or material handling requirements and these factors are all important when choosing the best lifting equipment.
Thanks to the design and construction of the boom, which pivots at the very rear of the machine, both the T40140 and T40170 offer excellent working ranges. On stabilisers, over 17 metres of lift height, the T40170 can lift 2500 kg to the maximum lifting heigh.
Both Bobcat telescopic handler models have two stabilisers which move independently for precise positioning. The stabilisers are fully adjustable and, whether stowed or deployed, do not detract from the compactness of the machine.
A 4-function joystick provides precise, proportional control of any combination of movements desired. The telescoping action of the boom sections is proportional and smooth, without loss of hydraulic power.
On inclined surfaces, the self-levelling system, which provides a tilt correction of +/- 4°, can be used to level the telehandler for safe, optimum positioning of the load. Using self-levelling in combination with the stabilisers can provide a total correction up to +/- 12°.
The sideways movement offers a lateral shift up to 85cm at maximum height. Self-levelling and side shift are possible on both wheels and stabilisers. Moreover, both operations can be done at the same time, without any loss of load capacity.
Easy maintenance, less downtime
You'll find all the components and service points in the same, easy-to-access place on every machine, thanks to the common platform and consistent design. Maintenance is a breeze and downtime is reduced. Moreover, no specialized tools are required for this work.